A History of Radio Drama in Australia from 1920s to 1970s
For more than 90 years a remarkable culture has pervaded the lives of almost every Australian – radio broadcasting.
Peter Philp was born in Melbourne and has spent his working life as a writer, producer and broadcaster. He has the highest respect for radio actors, drama producers and writers, not to mention the invaluable product they collectively created – the play and serial.
Peter’s research and attention to detail have created a ‘must have’ reference book for all fans of Australian radio and particularly for fans of Australian radio drama.
This amazing book features:
– 648 pages packed with year by year details
– is fully indexed for easy reference
– an epilogue with highlights from 1977-2016
– fascinating anecdotes from face-to-face interviews
– career details of hundreds of well-known actors and personalities
– a cast of thousands!