Continuing our series of Fun, Fact, Frivolous or Fiction, this month we focus on our Company founder, Miss Grace Gibson…
- Grace was born in 1905 in El Paso, Texas
- Grace came to Australia in 1934
- Grace set up her own company, Grace Gibson Radio Productions in 1944.
- Grace married Ronnie Parr in 1944, but retained her maiden name professionally.
- Grace sold her Company in 1978.
- Grace wanted to be a movie star and moved to Hollywood in the late 1920s with high hopes.
- Grace was a super saleswoman for the Radio Transcription Company of America.
- Grace sold every product said Company stocked, to Mr AE Bennett of Macquarie Broadcasting, Australia.
- As part of the deal Grace came to Australia to introduce radio serials to the Australian public – at a wage that was at least 10 times that of the average Australian male of the time.
- Sir Frank Packer ‘gave’ Grace away at her marriage to Ronnie Parr.
A remarkable woman who received the Order of Australia in 1987.